If you love chocolate cake, you’ll flip over molten lava cake. Surprisingly, one of the best ways to cook it is in the pressure cooker. The pressure cooker keeps the cake from drying out and keeps it so moist it melts in your mouth. What I love about lava cake is that you don’t need to take the time to frost it after it cools down. You can eat it right away (which is best) because the “frosting” is inside.
What is absolutely surprising is how very easy it is to make. This is an easy “last minute to make” cake and I think once you make it, you will repeat it many times.
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose-Flour
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla>
- Place the egg and butter on counter to let them reach room temperature.
- Make sure the cake mold you are using will fit inside the pressure cooker you are using.
- Grease the cake mold with butter. Make sure you thoroughly grease the mold on all sides and in all crevices. You can use any oven or microwave safe container. Although a glass container is not recommended.
- Make sure there is a rack or some type of stand in the pressure cooker. You do not want the cake pan sitting on the bottom.
- Add 2 cups of water in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Measure flour and sugar into a bowl and either sift together or mix with a wire wisk.
Place the chocolate chips and butter in a bowl. Either microwave (about 30 sec.) or melt in double boiler. Mix thoroughly.
Add egg and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Using a hand mixer, mix until well blended.
Add sugar and flour into mixture. After stirring with a spoon, blend with a hand mixer.
Fill cake mold only half full. If you don’t have a lava pan, I have found that a foil pot pie pan works just as well.
There are a variety of different type of cake molds you can use. As you see I just used a foil pot pie container. There are also silicone molds that are very popular. If you want to serve it in the mold you baked it in there are ramekins that make a very elegant presentation.
Place cake mold on rack in the pressure cooker.
If you don’t have a handle on the rack to lift the cake out of the pressure cooker, just make one out of aluminum foil.
Close and lock lid on pressure cooker.
If your pressure cooker has a whistle on the top, remove whistle.
Cook on high heat setting for 7 minutes.
Remove from heat and use the natural release method until the lid is safe to unlock.
Remove the cake from the pressure cooker. As with any cake in a cake pan, put a plate over the cake and invert.
Cut into the cake and enjoy!
For A Delicious Molten Lava Cake We Recommend