This is a very popular electric pressure cooker for many reasons. I think they have gone a little overboard by calling it “6 in 1” because there are other small appliances that do the same amount of functions, but are only called 3 in 1. Besides that, it is an amazing appliance. It’s functions includes pressure cooking, slow cooker, sautéing and browning, rice cooking, steaming and keeping food warm.
What I really like about it is that it uses 70% less energy than conventional methods of cooking. This not only saves money from operating the oven or stove, but in the summer it helps save money on running the ac because the kitchen doesn’t heat up.
It is especially useful for those of us that lead a face-paced life but still want a healthy meal. It cooks a meal 2 to 6 times faster than the conventional method and the meals are more nutritious because you use less water and the steam cooking keeps the nutrients in the food. With the new technology it is both safe and dependable.
There are also 3 different temperature settings for sauteing or browning and for slow cooking. There is a 24 hour timer that makes it possible to wake up to a freshly cooked hot breakfast.
The warming function keeps the food safely warm until you are ready to eat.
There is an embedded microprocessor which is amazing. During the cooking process the microprocessor monitors the temperature and pressure and adjusts the heat and timing.
The cooking programs have been tested hundreds of times so your food turns out consistently delicious. If you are using a stove top pressure cooker, you need to constantly be watching it and adjusting the pressure. If you are a long time pressure cooker user, you have perfected your recipes and don’t find this a problem. But if you are new to pressure cooking, this takes all the worry out of producing a wonderful meal.
There is a 3 ply stainless steel inner pot. Some people prefer the stainless to the nonstick surface because they are concerned about the health safety of nonstick products. Not all nonstick surfaces are a health concern, but you need to do your research before buying a nonstick surface.
Safety is always a concern when using a pressure cooker because of the old pressure cookers that were known for exploding. This is no longer a concern with the new pressure cookers. A lot of research has been done to address the safety concerns.
Instant Pot has 10 proven safety mechanisms with their patented technology.
- “Safety Lid Lock” prevents accidental opening while the cooker is pressurized
- Using a magnetic sensor, Lid Close Detection monitors whether the lid is properly closed.
- A Pressure Regulator ensures working pressure to be under the safety limit of 15.23psi (105kpa)
- Smart detection of leaky lid (e.g. steam release is at open position)
- Automatic Pressure Controller keeps pressure always in the safe range
- Excess Pressure Protection releases excess pressure into internal chamber in the dangerous situation
- Automatic Temperature Control regulates temperature based on the type of food being cooked
- High Temperature monitoring avoids burning food
- Anti-blockage Vent design minimizes food residue blocking the vent
- Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power if the current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits “
- Owners like all the different functions available.
- They liked the quickness of cooking and the consistency of the food They can count on it producing the same delicious meal each time.
- It is to clean.
- Others also liked the slow cooker component better than the current slow cooker they owned.
There is a learning curve involved when changing from one pressure cooker to another. Each one works a little different so you might need to tweak your recipes a little.
I would highly recommend this Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker for anyone, but especially for those that have never used a pressure cooker before. You must read the manual first, as it gives very specific instructions.
Once you start using a pressure cooker, you will wonder why you never used one before. They’re an invaluable time saver. They make health, delicious meals easy because most of the nutrients are locked into the food and not lost through long stove stop cooking.
Shop for the Instant Pot 6-in-1 Pressure Cooker Here