Cuisinart has been making professional cookware for over 30 years. This set is one of their best selling and most liked products. It is designed to last a lifetime and is backed by a lifetime guarantee. Cuisinart’s nonstick hard-anodized products are three layers fused together. The exterior is harder than stainless steel. It is a dense, nonporous, and highly wear resistant surface that gives professional results.
The inner layer is a core of pure aluminum that produces an even distribution of heat. Most of the top quality cookware sets have this feature that is so important for delicious results. The interior layer is a quantanium nonstick cooking surface. This results in a non-scratch surface, even when using metal utensils. The titanium reinforced surface is ultra-easy to clean.
The 14 piece set includes an 8 and 10 inch skillet. The 10 inch skillet includes a glass lid. There is the 1.5 and a 3 quart sauce pan, each with a glass cover. Included is a 4 quart sauce pan with a helper’s handle and a glass lid. It also comes with a wonderful 9 quart stockpot and lid. The stockpot is designed for slow cooking and maximum reduction of liquids. The result is more concentrated flavors. To top it all off included are steamer and pasta inserts. The following video is about the 11 piece Cuisinart Chef’s Cookware Set. This is the same construction as the 14 piece set. I reviewed the 14 piece set because it had some extra items I thought were important to have in your kitchen.
The pans can handle temps in the oven up to 500 degrees. They can also be used under the broiler. The lids have a lock in feature to keep steam and flavor from escaping and there are drip catches on each. The handles are designed for easy gripping and staying cool on the stovetop.
Out of 73 reviews we read, 55 gave this set the highest possible rating. Everyone liked that you could use lower heat with these pans and get the same results that require higher heat with most other pans. Everyone loved these pans for their quality, durability, and the results they achieved when cooking with them. They also liked that cleanup was so easy and quick. These pans were highly recommended by all.
There were a few complaints mainly dealing with shipping and handling and responses from customer services of the store they bought them from. They clearly did not purchase them from Amazon. Amazon is known for their return policies, so I don’t think they would have had the problems they did if they purchased them from Amazon.
Some Important Tips:
I have posted below some recommendations from a buyer that gave this cookware set the highest rating possible. This is a knowledgeable person that cooks a lot and these are very good hints on how to maintain hard anodized cookware. This is a great set, but as with anything you need to know how to maintain any product to keep it at its highest level of performance:
1. These pans are designed to be hung on a rack. Hanging does save your cookware from a lot of those small injuries caused to them by stacking.
2. The Quantanium non-stick finish is like Teflon on steroids! You will use about 1/4 the oil/butter normally used in the older versions of Teflon. As mentioned above, a lower heat setting is also necessary.
3. Although they say “Metal Utensil Safe”, DON’T! Save the metal utensils for your cast iron & stoneware.
4. Non-stick cooking spray tends to eat finish on pans. Preserve them by washing well with soap & water as soon as they are cool. TIP: NEVER, EVER put a sizzling hot pan in water or dump cool water into it! This causes warping that basically ruins the pan. Move the pan to an unused burner & let it cool naturally before washing.
5. With the small steamer insert, never fill the pan over one inch above the bottom of the insert; with the stockpot insert, 2 inches. This can be pushed to nearly 3, but the mess from overfilling is big.
6. Enjoy & care for these pans! You won’t ever have to buy replacements for them as long as you don’t abuse them.”
Shop for the Cuisinart Hard Anodized 14 pc Cookware Set Here