Yes, here we go again–0ne of my favorite one pot meals because it is so healthy and EASY!
This meal has everything in it for a complete dinner. You can substitute the carrots with another veggie if you want or add another veggie. This is such an easy meal that a young chef can easily put it together. It serves four.
- 4 Skinless Bone-In Chicken Breast Halves
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Slice red bell pepper into strips–about 1 cup
- If using fresh vegetables–cut into bite size pieces and precook until al dente.
- Make sauce by combining oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt garlic powder, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer around the edges of the pan.
- Place chicken in center of pan.
- Drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and stir potatoes and add bell pepper.
Bake 20 more minutes until chicken is cooked to the bone and potatoes are browned.
Remove from the oven and add frozen vegetables or precooked veggies.
Bake 5 more minutes or until veggies are hot.
Add whatever veggies your family enjoys most–peas, broccoli, green beans, and corn all work well.
Serve with your favorite bread.